- Grape type:100% Cabernet Franc
This grape was introduced in the late 19th century and is grown widely across the eastern Veneto. Wonderfully smooth, its fragrance is reminiscent of just-mown fields.
In the vineyard
- Production zone:the Torre Maschia estate in the CLASSIC zone, Lison-Pramaggiore
- Climate:temperate and windy, with marked temperature shifts between night and day
- Soil:characteristic clayey soil with strata of carbonate agglomeration at shallow depths
- Altitude:2-3 metres above sea level
- Orientation of rows:North – South
- Vine density:3500-4000 vines per hectare
- Training system:“Sylvoz” with 2-3 shoots per vine
- Harvesting period:late September
- Production:90 q/Ha
At the winery
Maceration and fermentation on the skins for 6 days at a temperature of 26°C, with 2 pumpovers per day. Separation of the must from the skins and completion of fermentation at 22°C. Maturation in stainless-steel tanks.
- Colour: intense ruby-red with magenta edges.
- Aroma:assertive, polished grassy note, accompanied by delicate hints of small fruits of the forest floor.
- Palate:typical smoothness supported by good tannin content, which renders it dry and substantial.
- Alcohol by volume (ABV):12%
A great accompaniment for white-meat poultry, game, red-meat roasts and mixed grills. Serve at a temperature of 18°C, in large red-wine glasses.