- Grape type:100% Tocai italico classico
This is a major grape type that has been widely grown in this area since the mid-19th century; the local clayey soils are highly suited to the production of this varietal, which is used to make wines of an exceptionally high quality.
In the vineyard
- Production zone:the Torre Maschia estate in the CLASSIC zone, Lison-Pramaggiore
- Climate:temperate and windy, with marked temperature shifts between night and day
- Soil:characteristic clayey soil with strata of carbonate agglomeration at shallow depths
- Altitude:2-3 metres above sea level
- Orientation of rows:North – South
- Vine density:3500-4000 vines per hectare
- Training system:“Sylvoz” with 2-3 shoots per vine
- Harvesting period: mid-September
- Production:80 q/Ha
At the winery
Cryomaceration on the skins for 12 hours at a temperature of 10°C, followed by cleaning of the must through cold settling for 24 hours at 5°C and fermentation at 17°C. Final maturation in stainless-steel tanks.
- Colour: deep straw-yellow with golden edges.
- Aroma:reminiscent of peach-tree leaves and walnut, it has a characteristic scent of bitter almond.
- Palate: plush, velvety and robust, with considerable mineral content, excellent salinity and great aromatic persistence.
- Alcohol by volume (ABV):12%
A great match for lean Italian antipasti, Parma ham and melon, sliced pork and creamed dried salted cod; excellent with pasta starters or broths, and with seafood starters. Serve at a temperature of 11-13°C.