- Grape type:100% Glera
This grape type has been a feature of the vineyards in this part of the world for at least two centuries, and certain historians claim that its origins date back to the time of the Roman empire.
In the vineyard
- Production zone:the Torre Maschia estate in the CLASSIC zone, Lison-Pramaggiore
- Climate:temperate and windy, with marked temperature shifts between night and day
- Soil:characteristic clayey soil with strata of carbonate agglomeration at shallow depths
- Altitude:2-3 metres above sea level
- Orientation of rows:North – South
- Vine density:around 3000 vines per hectare
- Training system:“Sylvoz” with 2-3 shoots per vine
- Harvesting period:early September
- Production:120 q/Ha
At the winery
Immediate separation of the must from the skins, followed by cleaning of the must through cold settling for 24 hours at 5°C and fermentation at 17°C. Maturation in stainless-steel tanks and refermentation (Charmat method) for at least 3 months in pressure tanks prior to bottling.
- Colour: brilliant straw-yellow with an extremely fine-grained and persistent perlage.
- Aroma:fruity, graceful and complex, with notes of pineapple, apricot, pear, apple and meadow flowers.
- Palate:good structure, smooth, balanced, piquant, well-orchestrated and enjoyable.
- Alcohol by volume (ABV):11%
Excellent as an aperitif served with fried foods and cheeses, it is also a great match for raw fish such as oysters and scampi. Serve chilled to around 7°C.